At The Pioneers Lodge we provide a variety of services to residents, ensuring they are well cared for and feel right at home.
Services provided include:
- Hairdressing salon: Registered hairdressers attend on fee for service basis. This service is very popular with all our residents.
- Speech Therapy: We have a speech therapy available to residents.
- Dietician: We have a Dietician available to consult residents
- Visiting GP's: We have general practitioners that visit upon request
- Chapel: To cater for resident’s cultural & spiritual welfare a chapel is available for quiet reflection as well as weekly ecumenical services.
- Podiatry: A registered podiatrist is available to attend to resident’s foot care needs on a fee for service basis.
- Physiotherapy: Each resident is assessed by a registered physiotherapist on taking up occupancy to ensure that residents remain active and mobile. Two Physio Aides are employed by The Pioneers Lodge to co-ordinate the plans drawn up by the physiotherapist.
- Function Room: A function room is available for residents and their relatives should they wish to have a large gathering to celebrate special events.
- Activities Room: The activities room is used regularly for resident exercises and also for larger resident gatherings. These activities are co-ordinated by our two Recreational Activities Officers.
- Pharmacy: Residents may choose their own pharmacy.
- Medical and Dental Services: Residents are encouraged to maintain their existing relationships with medical and dental practitioners. The Pioneers Lodge does not recommend any particular practitioner as this is the resident’s choice.
- Telephone, Pay TV and complimentary Wi-Fi services are available to all resident’s rooms with connection fees and ongoing charges the responsibility of the resident. Wi-Fi access is available for all residents and their guests.
- Gymnasium: The new Gym room in the main facility courtyard is fully equipped with residents taking the opportunity to keep active and mobil under professional supervision.